“VAIN Foods” and it’s marks and “Exceptional Vanilla Extract” are trademarks of VAIN Foods. © 2020 VAIN Foods
Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
recipe courtesy of @meltedkc
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup + 1 Tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs at room temperature
2 Tbsp whole milk or cream at room temperature
1 tsp Children's Mercy Blend Vain vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's (a 10 oz bag)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
2. Place 1 cup chocolate chips and butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 1 minute bursts on 50% power stirring after each minute until melted and smooth.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
4. In a third, large bowl, whisk together the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the eggs/sugar ingredients stirring with a silicone spatula just until combined. Do not overmix!
6. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the batter and gently fold.
7. Set aside 1/3 cup of M&M's and a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to add to your cookies after baking. Pour the remainder of the chocolate chips and M&M's into the batter and stir gently to incorporate.
8. Use a large (3-4Tbsp) cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the prepared trays. Aim for 8 cookies on a standard cookie sheet. These cookies are bigger and spread more.
9. After placing the cookies into the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and bake for 16-18 minutes. The edges will be set and the centers should no longer be jiggly, even if they look a little under baked.
10. When you remove the cookies from the oven, immediately, and gently, press 2-4 M&M's and a few chocolate chips into the top of each cookie while they are still hot. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheets.