Pumpkin Chai Muffin
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed chai tea (from 4 bags)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Vain Indonesian vanilla extracted in Ginger Spirits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the chai tea. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract, sugar, pumpkin puree and chai butter until smooth. Whisk in the flour, baking soda and salt until incorporated.
Scoop the batter into the muffin cups and top with the walnuts. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool completely before serving.
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.