Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
(recipe courtesy of www.greensnchocolate.com)
- 3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
for the cream cheese icing:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Liberally grease bundt pan with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir well to mix.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down after each addition.
- Add yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- With mixer on low speed, add in flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, or until top is slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cool, flip over to remove cake from pan.
For the icing:
- In bowl combine cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, and beat until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Add a tablespoon or two of milk if the frosting is too thick. You want it to be easily spreadable.
- Frost the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice and enjoy!
VAIN Products Used: